BellSong

As for me and my blog, we will serve the Lord!

January 06, 2006

Cephalagiatorium

So I was accused of making up words recently when I called the local Chuck E. Cheese "restaurant" a cephalagiatorium (a place that causes headaches, and yes I made that up). Never one to shy away from honorary titles like neologist (one who coins new phrases) or vocabularian (same definition), I decided to pad my credentials by performing a little lexpionage (the sleuthing of new words and phrases) via the internet.
And so as I gaze out the window at all the mid-winter snirt (snow that is dirty, often seen by the side of roads and parking lots that have been plowed) and dread the onset of afternoon cognitive displaysia (the feeling you have before you even leave the house that you are going to forget something and not remember it until you're on the highway), I chuckle to myself at the hell I’m about to put my spellchecker through with this report. No doubt it will become confuzzled (confused and puzzled at the same time). But I, and it will plow through.
Okay, that was awkward writing, not to mention the optotoxical (of or pertaining to poisonous looks that could kill, esp. from a spouse) glares from Minda as I typed while pretending to listen to her talk. (Not really, I would never do that!)
So here’s a few more of my finds from this dictionary:
precuperate (v): prepare for the possibility of being ill
detroitus (n): car parts found alongside the highway
quackmire (n): muddy edges of a duck pond
whinese (n) a language spoken by children or spouses on long road trips
flusterpated (adj.) a state of being flustered that's so intense, one's actions and words become bound up

And here's a gratuitous photo of a very cool vizsla, just for fun!


2 Comments:

  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Brenda said…

    That was too funny! I was just telling the gals here at work how much fun we had as kids! Your coming up with words would be great in a book with Rick's "rickisms". Yours could be "scottionary" or heck, "scottisms". I laughed outloud reading your blog. Hey, who else reads these things anyway? Family, friends? How are people suppose to know you have one unless you tell them? Well, guess I'll have to start one sometime. Hey, you should let Pres. Busch know some of your words....he would love them! Love you and miss you tons, Brenda

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger Minda said…

    Nothing quite as sexy as a man who knows how to use big words, or knows how to find made up ones anyway!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home