BellSong

As for me and my blog, we will serve the Lord!

January 10, 2006

Speaking of hawks...

I've decided to emulate one aspect of a blog that I visit daily, that of the famous Birdchick. She's a very hip birder, raptor-enthusiast and a personal friend of one of my favorite authors of unusual fiction, Neil Gaiman.

Birdchick has made it a 2006 goal to spot at least one wild raptor each day during her travels and report it on her blog. I like that idea...but I'm a little behind.




Monday, 1/09 - Andrew and I, on our way to the Science Museum, spotted two Redtails perched in a tree near the airport on Highway 5, both facing the morning sun.

Tuesday 1/10 - I spotted a very dark Redtail soaring over the NE corner of the intersection of Cliff Road and Highway 77.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger joyce said…

    hello,
    I like your idea. I see hawks almost everyday sitting on light poles on the side of the freeway. I wish I knew how to distinguish the different types. I just call them all redtails if they are big. I sound pretty smart to the people who don't know more than me! But I sure know what they sound like! My darling 11 year old used to sound just like them when he was a toddler! hmmm anyways, great blog site I enjoy it.

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Minda said…

    Well, you are living in the right state for MOST of the year for this goal, but I don't know, won't it be a little tight for another month or so? Have fun honey!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home