BellSong

As for me and my blog, we will serve the Lord!

January 26, 2006

Update on Camp Snoopy

Rumor (and the Star Tribune) has it that the MOA Phase II may include a 300,000 square foot Bass Pro Shop as the anchor for the expansion. Phase II is expected to include a 6,000-seat performing arts center, three hotels, as many as 300 condominiums, an ice rink and a museum.

Bass Pro Shops has humble beginnings: Back in the '70s, Johnny Morris of Springfield, MO started selling fishing lures at his father's liquor store. Thirty-four years later, revenue at the privately held company topped $1.6 billion (in 2004).

I am saddened to report that my earlier optimism for a new water fountain to replace the highly unimaginative "Snoopy's Water Bowl" was premature: they simply covered the "trademarked title" on the side of the bowl with a new sign declaring the highly imaginative new name for the little amusement park: "The Park at MOA".

Sunday I did a quick drive-by of the airport's cargo road hoping to spot the snowy owl that's been hanging out there for a couple months. Saw neither talon nor feather of the owl but I did spot a somewhat unusual raptor: a female Kestrel. My own observations over the years have been that the females migrate to more temperate climes during winter and the mighty males stick it out. Here's a male:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home