BellSong

As for me and my blog, we will serve the Lord!

March 06, 2006

Believe it or not...

...it's just me! Been pretty busy lately, so blogging has fallen to the bottom of my TO-Do list. I have to say, unequivocally, that working outside the home is very, very disruptive to normal life! Of course producing 400 hand-assembled Squngees (with the bell) in about a week-and-a-half is fairly disruptive to normal circadian rhythm as well!

But, we are caught up, we have a realistic production schedule set up, and we are back to sleeping somewhat normal hours. Today as we ate breakfast, we had surprise visitors to our feeders. A mixed flock of Robins and Cedar Waxwings blew into our woodlot and spent a few moments devouring berries from the hawthorn (?) saplings outside our windows. Waxwings are one of my favorite birds and one species I've only seen 4 or 5 times in my years of paying attention to birds. Here's a borrowed photo to display all their splendor (I especially like the subtle yellow on the tail and red on the wingtips). I would love to have posted a photo by Minda, but of course as soon as she turned on the camera and maneuvered for a photo, the birds blasted away again, even the not so shy Robins. We also saw our albino squirrel (or his replacement) yesterday. He hasn't visited since late last fall. He also was camera-shy, so this is borrowed from the internet as well (looks just like him, though!):

We possibly received an answer to prayer today! I say possibly because it's not a done deal yet, but...we toured an "extended assisted living" home for my Mom that proved to be awesome. This place meets her needs, is covered by a medical assistance plan so she won't have to move when she runs out of money, and the best part is, they have an opening, they are holding it for Mom, and it is substantially less expensive than the last 2 places she's been. This could get her out of the hell she's living in now (where the medical treatment is substandard, there is no chapel services, she's afraid to leave her room because of a violent co-resident, etc. etc. etc. etc.). Thank you, Father God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home